ColorMunki Photo Version:
1.1.1 (Windows) Previous Version:
1.1.0 Release Date:
PC - ZIP File Download: PC Version Notes:
Release Notes for ColorMunki Photo (Windows) 1.1.1
- Microsoft Windows XP 32 or 64 bit (with latest Service Pack installed),
Microsoft Windows Vista 32 or
64 bit, and Windows 7 (with latest Service Pack installed)
- 512MB Ram
- Intel Pentium IV or AMD Athlon XP or better CP
- 450MB of available disk space
- User must have Administrator rights to install, uninstall the application
and the ColorMunki device
drivers, and to be able to save Monitor Profiles.
- Powered USB Port
- Monitor resolution of 1024x768 pixels or higher
- Dual display support requires either 2 video cards or a dual head video
card that supports dual video
LUT’s being loaded.
- Network Adaptor- Installed and driver loaded
- Internet connection required for automatic software update
- Download: zip file, unzip or extract, double click installer icon and
follow on screen instructions
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7 operating system
- AppSet plug-in support for Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 and CS5 is not possible with the current releases of these applications (this only applies to the appset feature - not the ColorMunki application itself).
- During the monitor patch measurement procedure in the Profiling
application, if the device is not
onscreen or if it should fall from the screen, the application may not detect
that the device is not reading the
correct color values. Should this situation occur, click the cancel button if
available and restart the
- After performing a Software Update from within the ColorMunki Photo
application, you may need to
restart the application for the changes to take effect.
- Files exported from ColorMunki Photo cannot be double clicked to be opened
in the associated
application. You will need to load them using the Swatch or Color Library load
feature in the associated
- If you use the Synchronize option (checkbox) in the ColorPicker window and
your palettes are not being
loaded into Adobe® Photoshop®, restarting Photoshop® may fix this issue.
- The “Online ColorMunki” (portal) web pages are only available in English.
- UAC (Vista and Windows 7 only) and synchronization:
- (Vista) The palette synchronization feature will not work with the User
Access Control (UAC)
feature turned on. UAC prevents third party applications from writing to the
Adobe swatches and
palettes folders without special permissions. This feature can be enabled by
(a) turning UAC off
or, (b) right-clicking on the ColorMunki icon when starting the application
and selecting, “Run” as
- (Windows 7) Windows 7 allows users to select User Access Control (UAC)
levels. To enable to
synchronization users must (a) set UAC to the lowest setting or, (b)
right-click on the ColorMunki
icon when starting the application and select Run as Administrator.
- UAC (Vista and Windows 7 only) and palette export:
Exported palettes in the Corel® Painter™X and Corel® Painter™ 11file format
can be saved to Corel’s
“color” folder, but the user will not be able to see them or use them while UAC (User Access Control)
feature is turned on.
- Video card- Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset family (installed in some
older models of Dell Laptops)
will over write the profile LUT loaded after building a ColorMunki profile.
The user will need to restart or
logout of the system to get the ColorMunki profile LUT to load in the video
- Third-party firewalls: Certain third-party firewalls may block connection
to the ColorMunki device. In
these cases users will need to go to the firewall control panel and create an
exception for X-Rite Device