+Device Driver Uninstall/Reinstall on Vista
Uninstall and reinstall the i1Display device driver by following these steps. Of course, a different type of instrument (i.e, ColorMunki, iSis, i1Pro, etc...) will be named accordingly. Please use these steps to reload the device driver:
- Connect the i1D2 to the PC and make sure that i1Match is closed.
- Left click Windows "Start", right-click "Computer", and then left-click "Properties".
- Click on "Device Manager" in the upper left corner of this window.
- In the Device Manager window, locate the "i1 Display" device. This could be listed as an "Unknown Device" or "Other Device" as well. It will most likely have a yellow exclamation or question mark on it. Disconnecting and reconnecting the i1D2 while watching the Device Manager will allow you to see which device is truly the i1D2.
- With the i1D2 plugged in, right-click on the "i1 Display" (or Unknown Device) in Device Manager and then select "Uninstall". Place a check the "Delete the driver software for this device." checkbox in the "Confirm Device Uninstall" widow if visible. NOTE*** - If this checkbox is left unchecked, the bad driver will not be completely uninstalled and will reload when the device is plugged back in. Click the "OK" window to complete the driver uninstall.
- Unplug the i1D2, pause a few seconds, and then plug it back into the USB port.
- You should see a "Found New Hardware" window. Select "Locate and install driver software (recommended)" and then "Install" and/or "Continue" to complete the driver installation.