+i1Pro not recognized by i1Profiler on Mac
Depending on your version of software, the i1Pro spectrophotometer (i1) can contain licenses for creating profiles in i1Profiler software or you may use it simply as a measurement device within your i1Profiler software.
The i1, when connected should act as a dongle but if i1Profiler software launches in DEMO mode only (with no green checkmarks), this might indicate, that i1Profiler does not recognize your i1.
If you want to do measurements with your connected i1 but i1Profiler shows a message 'Device not connected' in the measurement windows, this might also indicate, that i1Profiler does not recognize your i1.
Please check the following items to solve the issue:
First level steps:
- Connect device directly to USB port on computer
- Or try connecting device via an externally powered USB Hub
- Launch only one application at time (quit unused applications)
- Un-plug device, wait 5 seconds, then re-plug device, wait another 5 seconds
Second level steps:
- Go to Apple menu -> About this Mac ->More Info...
- Navigate to USB and verify that your connected i1 is listed here (as eye-one), if not...
- Re-install latest i1Profiler to ensure that latest X-Rite Device Service (XRD) is installed (consider installation notes for Mac)
- Or over-install latest X-Rite Device Service, which can be downloaded here (disconnect instruments before installation)