+Averaged data from MT5 do not load correctly in i1Profiler
Symptom: Measurement data, which have been averaged and saved with MeasureTool 5 (within ProfileMaker 5 Software Suite) cannot be loaded correctly in i1Publish (i1Profiler) software. The measurement data are all looking black in the Measurement Preview. When trying to calculate a profile, the i1Profiler software crashes.
Reason: The averaged measurement text file will be saved with a slightly different data description header than used in the single measurement files. This different information cannot be interpreted correctly by i1Profiler.
Workaround: To solve the isse, the averaged measurement text file can easily be modified by hand. Please follow these steps:
- Open one of the original single measurement file using a TEXT Editor
- Open the averaged measurement file in the same TEXT Editor
- Copy the line 'SampleID SAMPLE_NAME CMYK_C CMYK_M CMYK_Y CMYK_K nm380 ... nm730'
from single measurement file
- Replace the line 'SAMPLE_ID SAMPLE_NAME CMYK_C CMYK_M CMYK_Y CMYK_K SPECTRAL_NM_380... SPECTRAL_NM_380'
in the averaged measurement file by the copied line from the single measurement file
- Save the modified averaged measurement file. it will now be loaded correctly in i1Publish
Note: The sample above shows a measurement file done and averaged for a CMYK chart. This procedure will also work for measurement files done and averaged for RGB charts.
Thank you to Veikko Tuerpe, Froebel Medientechnik, Germany, for reporting this issue including the easy workaround.