+Instrument Not Found Error With i1Profiler
If an i1Profiler user is receiving an "i1Display not found" or "i1Pro not found" message when they select the "Measurement" workflow step, try the following to establish connection to the device:
- First, make sure that there are no other programs open that use the i1Display or i1Pro measurement device. If so...close all programs, reopen i1Profiler, and test.
- Make sure that the specific device is selected as the default display device. Do this by returning to the i1Profiler home screen and open “Application Settings” in the lower part of the screen. Make sure that the device is selected as the “Default display device” (i1Display or i1Pro).
- If the proper default device is selected and it still will not connect, close the i1Profiler program, unplug the measurement device from the USB port, plug into another USB port (preferably a rear port on a tower…never into a keyboard, monitor, USB extension, or unpowered USB hub), and reopen the i1Profiler program to test.
- If step #3 fails to correct the issue, close the program, unplug the measurement device from the USB, reboot the computer, plug in the USB, and open i1Profiler to test.
- If the device still fails to connect, download and install the most current version of X-Rite Device Services (XRD) in the "Software Downloads" section of the XRD support page at the following link: http://www.xrite.com/x-rite-device-services-xrd/support
- On Windows, make sure that the "X-Rite Device Services Manager" is started in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Scroll down to "X-Rite Device Services Manager". The status should be "Started" and the startup type needs to be "Automatic". Single click on "X-Rite Device Services Manager" to select it, and then click "Start the service" or "Restart the service" in the upper left. Now try connecting the i1Display Pro and then calibrate your monitor.
- Anti-virus and/or firewall software can sometimes prevent devices from properly connecting to a program. Please see the additional information at the bottom of this page entitled "Connection Issue On PC With Microsoft Security Essentials", "Thunderbolt Display Causes USB Problem?", and "Instrument recognition issue could be caused by Virus Protection Tools" for examples of how a user might eliminate this variable.
If all suggestions above fail to correct the issue, contact X-Rite Customer Service.