+Instrument recognition issue could be caused by Virus Protection Tools
There have been cases in which a measurement device like an i1Display Pro or ColorMunki Display will not be recognized by the related software (i.e., i1Profiler, ColorMunki Photo, ColorMunki Design, or ColorMunki Display software) just after initial installation even though the computer recognizes the instrument. This can occur on all Windows systems; XP, Vista, Win 7, 32 or 64 bit.
If issues with the USB port can be excluded (see also: http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1454&Action=support&SupportID=5475
), installed virus protection tools like ZoneAlarm, Avira, AntiVir, AVG, Kaspersky or others could cause the issue. To solve it, please consider the following steps:
- First, try shutting off or disabling all virus protection tools and then try connecting the measurement device and test with its software. If this fails to correct the issue, move on to step 2.
- If not already done, download and save the most current version of the X-Rite profiling software**.
- Close the profiling software and related tray application (right-click on the appropriate icon in the system tray and select "Exit")
- Disconnect the X-Rite measurement device
- Uninstall the X-Rite profiling software (using Programs & Features or Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel)
- Uninstall X-Rite Device Service (using Programs & Features or Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel)
- Temporarily uninstall your virus protection software. Note: just disabling or turning it off doesn't always work because processes continue running in the background
- Restart the computer
- Install your X-Rite profiling software and restart the computer
- Connect your instrument and start the software
The instrument should now be recognized successfully. If so, feel free to reinstall the virus protection tool. The X-Rite software and the virus protection tool should coexist without any issues.
**Download for ColorMunki Display Software: http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?Action=support&ID=1513
**Download for i1Profiler Software: http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?Action=support&ID=1397