+Ambient Measurement Fails - Windows 10
Problem: ColorMunki Display Software prompts users to take an ambient meausurement however after rotating the ambient cover the software will not move forward or recognize the position correctly.
Issue: In Control Panel > Color Management the displays are not listed as a device therefore our software does not see the monitors correctly. The only devices listed will be printers, faxes, and scanners. At this point the operating system has the monitors "Disabled".
- Close your X-Rite profiling application and unplug the X-Rite device.
- Open Color Management in Control Panel. You will see that there are no displays listed in the “Device:” drop down…only printers and scanners.
- Keep Color Management open and go to Device Manager in Control Panel.
- Open the “Monitors” drop down and you should see your display/displays listed with a small black arrow pointing down (disabled icon).
- Right-click on the disabled monitor and select “Enable”.
- Click “OK” to the “The Devices pages has been refreshed due to a hardware change” message.
- Close Color Management (now showing the display in “Devices:”), Device Manager, and Control Panel.
- Connect the X-Rite device and now the displays should be detected in the X-Rite application.