+Visual C++ Error When Opening Program
If a customer has installed the current version of ColorMunki Display, ColorMunki Photo, ColorMunki Design, or i1Profiler and is unable to open the application while receiving an error similar to: “Visual C++…CRT not initialized”, there could be a conflict with a third party font manager. To date (1/8/2013), there have been only a few customers with this issue and they have all been on Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. There appears to be a conflict with a process called “FMCore.exe” that installs with the third party font manager. Extensis is a company that develops four such font managers that use “FMCore.exe”. Those font managers are:
- Suitcase Fusion
- Suitcase Fusion 2
- Suitcase Fusion 3
- Universal Type Server
If the customer is experiencing the “Visual C++…” error when trying to open the X-Rite application, close the error and follow these instructions:
- Go to Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then select “Task Manager”) and select the “Processes” tab.
- Click on “Image Name” to alphabetize the list of processes.
- Search for “FMCore.exe”. If it exists, right click on it and select “End Process”. This will allow our program to open without the “Visual C++…” error.
- Open the X-Rite application and create the desired profile/profiles.
- In order to use the font manager, rebooting the computer will restart the FMCore.exe process.