+Reporting an issue on profile generation to X-Rite support
To analyze issues, you might have with creating ICC output profiles or with the resulting profile quality, the X-Rite application support team will ask you to provide the following information and data:
- Your exact OS version
- Your printer/inks or print process type
- Your paper or printing substrate type
- Your printer driver type like Native Driver or RIP, eventually include screenshots of driver settings for chart printing
- If relevant, information to your data flow, when printing color-managed images
- Used application for printing (Adobe xxx, RIP Software, etc…)
- Source / simulation profiles (e.g. AdobeRGB, sRGB, ISO Coated, SWOP…)
- Used Rendering Intent
- Your ICC profile* or i1Profiler workflow data (pwxf)**, which show the issue
The X-Rite application engineers can re-load your ICC profiles or workflow data and review all used settings, chart and measurement data.
*When saving the ICC profile, please make sure that the option Include CXF Data is activated. This ensures, that all information can be reloaded.
**To save the workflow data in i1Profiler, please follow these steps:
- Define and perform all your intended settings and data for Patch Set, Measurements, Lighting, Profile Settings and ICC Profile in your profiling workflow
- Arrived in the last step ICC Profile, hit the button Save Current Workflow at very bottom right in the i1Profiler Wizard
- Save your data (it will be saved as .pwxf file)
Please send your data including all information requested above via e-mail to your X-Rite application support team (EU, Asia: firstname.lastname@example.org, USA: email@example.com). The X-Rite application team will review your data and provide instructions for a resolution.