- Log on to the computer with Administrator rights.
- "XRGamma needs to be installed properly in the Startup menu (Start > Programs > Startup). XRGamma loads the calibration data to the graphics card when the PC is restarted
- If present, delete calibration loaders from other vendors or applications in the Startup menu, especially "Adobe Gamma" or "Adobe Gamma Loader". Right-click on the unwanted item and select "Delete" to remove it from the Startup menu. Note: uninstalling the source item completely from the computer is not necessary.
- Make sure that a dedicated vendor-specific driver for the graphics card is installed and up to date (do not use system’s generic drivers). To verify this, right-click on the computer desktop and select "Properties" > "Settings" > "Advanced" > "Adapter" > "Properties" > "Driver" and run an "Update Driver" procedure
- If present, uninstall additional vendor-specific color control tools for the computer graphics card (e.g. uninstall ATI Catalyst Control Center). Note: do NOT delete the card’s driver itself. To see if additional software is installed, go to Control Panel > "Add or Remove Programs", locate appropriate software, and uninstall it.
- Make sure, the "Hardware Acceleration" option is set to "Full". This option can be found in Control Panel > "Displays" > "Properties" > "Settings" > "Advanced" > "Troubleshoot".
- Windows Firewall or third-party security tools can block "XRGamma". Add "XRGamma.exe" to the program exceptions list. "XRGamma.exe" can be found in: C:\Program Files (Program Files (x86) on 64-bit) \X-Rite\i1Profiler in i1Profiler software or: C:\Program Files (Program Files (x86) on 64-bit) \X-Rite\ColorMunki Display for ColorMunki Display users.
- Create an ICC profile according to ICC Version 2. This setting can be found in the i1Profiler software in step "Profile Settings". ColorMunki Display users will only be able to create Version 2 display profiles in Windows XP.
If these hints do not solve your issues please contact X-Rite Support at http://www.xrite.com/contact_us.aspx