+Device Not Connected on Mac OS X 10.9 and Higher
Apple has launched its latest operating system release, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11. The most current version of this is Mac OS X 10.11.4 (as of April13, 2016). We would always recommend that you have the most current build of the Mac OS.
As a result of Apple’s changes to the operating system, some X-Rite applications could experience a device connection issue. If your X-Rite color measurement device fails to connect to your X-Rite application, please see the following:
FIRST AND FOREMOST: Make sure that you have the current version of your X-Rite profiling application installed! Update and test before continuing with this article.
- The following X-Rite applications should allow instruments to connect on Macintosh. CURRENT MAC VERSION IS REQUIRED! The proper versions are as follows:
- i1Profiler 1.6.3
- ColorMunki Photo 1.2.1
- ColorMunki Design 1.2.0
- ColorMunki Display 1.1.0
- The following X-Rite applications may need to have X-Rite Device Services (XRD) updated to allow connection. These applications use XRD to provide connectivity between the X-Rite device and application and the update is required.
- ColorMunki Smile
- PANTONE ColorManager
- CAPSURE Sync
If required, update X-Rite Device Services (XRD) to resolve this connectivity issue on Mac, please follow these instructions:
- Unplug the X-Rite measurement device and close all programs.
- Repair disk permissions (link to instructions below) and reboot the computer. Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.x has dropped the ability to repair disk permissions.
- Download and install XRD 2.4.0 from the link below
- Reboot the computer and then plug in the X-Rite measurement device after restarted and test
Link to XRD 2.4.0: http://www.xrite.com/x-rite-device-services-xrd/support/d1582
Repair Disk Permissions: http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1114&Action=support&SupportID=4376