+Failed To Find Any Displays Message During Display Profiling on Windows
With the recent Windows 10 operating system upgrades, we have experienced a growing number of customers that have reported that they are receiving a “Failed to find any displays…” message when attempting to profile their monitor. While some customers have resolved their issue by updating their graphics card drivers, the majority have their monitors disabled in Device Manager after performing the OS upgrade. Follow these instructions to enable the monitor and resolve this issue:
- Close your X-Rite profiling application and unplug the X-Rite device.
- Open Color Management in Control Panel. You will see that there are no displays listed in the “Device:” drop down…only printers and scanners.
- Keep Color Management open and go to Device Manager in Control Panel.
- Open the “Monitors” drop down and you should see your display/displays listed with a small black arrow pointing down (disabled icon).
- Right-click on the disabled monitor and select “Enable”.
- Click “OK” to the “The Devices pages has been refreshed due to a hardware change” message.
- Close Color Management (now showing the display in “Devices:”), Device Manager, and Control Panel.
- Connect the X-Rite device and now the displays should be detected in the X-Rite application.