The ColorChecker Classic target is an array of 24 scientifically prepared natural, chromatic, primary and grayscale colored squares in a wide range of colors. Many of the squares represent natural objects, such as human skin, foliage and blue sky. Since they exemplify the color of their counterparts and reflect light the same way in all parts of the visible spectrum, the squares will match the colors of representative samples of natural objects under any illumination, and with any color reproduction process. Each solid patch is formulated individually to produce a pure, flat, rich color.
The ColorChecker Classic can be used for a variety of applications, including:
- Digital Photography: Create camera profiles, check images, correct white balance and perform color correction
- Film Photography: Check films, lights, filters and paper
- Filmmaking: Use for color grading; check cameras and lights
- Graphic Arts: Check any printing or proofing process
- Other industry applications