+Profile Cannot Be Saved To “System Level” on Mac OSX 10.7 and Higher
The i1Profiler program will allow Macintosh users to save their profiles to the user library and/or the system library. The locations are as follows:
- User Library: /Users/<username>/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
- System Library: /Mac HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
There are a number of changes that Apple introduced with the Lion operating system. One of those is that the default permissions in the Mac OSX 10.7x (Lion) System Library folders are writable only by a root user. In order to allow all users to read AND write to this folder, follow the instructions below. Administrator rights are required to make these changes. This will allow i1Profile to save profiles to the User Library and the System Library:
- Navigate to the System Library: /Mac HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
- Right-click (or Control-click) on the “Profiles” folder and then select “Get Info”.
- In the resulting “Profiles Info” window, click the lock icon in the lower right corner to open the lock. The user will likely need to enter the administrator password and click “OK” to proceed.
- Select “Read & Write” for all users, especially for the user named “Everyone”.
- Click on the lock icon to save the changes and then close the “Profiles Info” window.
- Reboot the computer and profiles will be able to be saved to both locations.